Friday 25 July 2008

Second opinion...

As i'm really not happy with what ortho Wallis said (and the fact that he is SO expensive and I have to wait SO long for even the impressions to be taken) I have booked an appointment with a different ortho. I already feel more at ease with this one as the receptionist I spoke too was really nice and explained everything well. Don't want to jinx it or anything though :o)

So, I have an appointment with Mr Bartlett on 13th August for a consultation AND impressions and all of it will cost me 94 squids! Wish I hadn't wasted the original 83 on Wallis now!

Question though - does Wallis being busier and more expensive mean that he is better or just that more posh people go there? I want a good job done obviously but I also want to feel at ease.

We shall see.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm not sure how the dental/medical system is set up where you live (the UK?), but I found that getting braces put on is more expensive because it's considered cosmetic. The surgery, however, is covered by my medical insurance, so I think it will cost me no more than $2000 when all is said than done.

It is good to seek a second opinion. Maybe after you speak with Mr. Bartlett you'll know which OD will be right for you. Good luck. I'll be thinking of you - turns out, I will be getting my ties and posts taken off my braces on the 13th. So we'll both have teeth on the brain! (Of course, I think about this ALL the time!)

:0)
M